We use a system called askmyGP which is an easy and fast way to ask for any kind of help from the practice.
- We respond the same day during working hours Monday to Friday 8 am – 6:30 pm (after 5pm it might be the next working day)
- You can request a particular doctor or nurse (so long as they’re working)
- You can choose to be contacted by the surgery by telephone or secure message
- If we need to see you we will usually give you a face-to-face appointment the same day
- You can register for askmyGP now, without any paperwork
If you prefer to phone, one of our receptionists will take a few details about your problem or request and then pass these to the GP. However you choose to get in touch, your GP will get contact you quickly and either sort out your problem on the phone, by secure message, or arrange to see you the same day, or another day if that’s more convenient.
Please note due to current demand askmyGP may close early at this point only urgent telephone requests for the doctor can be dealt with on the same day.
askmyGP is available to all our patients, and you can use it to ask about your children or other people you care for (if they are registered with us).
That’s it – simple and straightforward!
We are encouraging everyone who has access to a computer, smart phone or tablet to use askmyGP:
- it saves you time
- really ill patients don’t have to wait for urgent slots at the end of surgeries
- GPs can manage their time more effectively, booking any follow-up appointments you might need and,
- it stops the 8am telephone rush for appointments, up to 5pm get a response, and be seen if needed the same day!
- All children under 16 years of age with an acute presentation will be offered a same day consultation (this may be via telephone call)
If you require an appointment and the surgery is closed please contact the out of hours service. Use the below link for further information on the Out of Hours Service
Out of hours